Interested in home security automations but don’t know where to start? You’ve come to the right place.
What is a Home Security Device?
Thanks to advances in the smart home technology and home security devices, you can now monitor your home from afar, no matter where you are in the world. This includes alarms, cameras, motion sensors and more. There are limitless options when it comes to protecting your loved ones at home.
To see the benefits of home security devices or systems, see our previous article, Outsmarting Homes with Home Security.
- Amazon Echo. The Amazon Echo is a Bluetooth speaker powered by Alexa, which is the voice assistant for Amazon. Alexa works with a number of smart home devices directly, and you can use Alexa to control most gadgets in your home by the sound of your voice.
- Nest Protect 2nd Generation Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm. The Nest Protect Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm is a stylish take on a traditional hockey puck style of a smoke detector. It directs the alerts to your home, has motion activated night light, and many more.
- Wink Hub 2. Wink Hub 2 works with devices that use Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, as well as Z-Wave, Zigbee, Lutron Clear Connect, and Kidde. It is also made for the future; that just about includes everything in the smart home spectrum.
- Schlage Connect Camelot Touchscreen Deadbolt with Built-In Alarm. This Touchscreen Deadbolt can make your life a little easier. Not only will your home be protected while you are away, but you no longer have to worry about accidentally locking yourself out of your own house.
- Logitech Harmony Elite. Prefer controlling things by pushing buttons? The Logitech Harmony Elite is the best universal remote for a reason, it controls more than just the TV or the stereo!
- Ring Wi-Fi Enabled Video Doorbell. You can answer the door remotely with a smartphone, and it includes motion sensor alert. You can not only see who’s at the door before you answer, but talk to them if you can’t answer!